Plasma Fibroblast Skin Tightening
What to expect
Fibroblast is fairly new to the beauty industry here in the U.S. but has been popular for many years in Europe. The device that is used is FDA approved and a precisely accurate hand held device that works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the natural gasses emitted from our skin, to form a plasma charge (hence the name plasma skin tightening).
A small electrical charge is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The skins tissue immediately tightens giving you youthful looking skin.
There will be tiny carbon crusts similar to little polkadots on and around the treated area that will generally last 5-10 days before naturally lifting and falling off, this will then reveal new pink skin underneath. Swelling is common when treating the eye area and is to be expected for a few days following especially when treating the upper eyelid. To avoid any serious side effects such as hyperpigmentation, it is crucial to follow the aftercare.
Are you a candidate?
- ● You should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. Signs of the cold and flu will results in rescheduling your appt.
● Your skin should not be swollen or inflamed on or around the treatment area.
● If your skin in prone to keloid scars this treatment should be avoided.
● Diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
● Sunburn or Suntanning should be avoided. Please avoid tanning prior to treatment.
● Clients with Hyperpigmentation/Hypopigmentation (dark spots/white spots) are not ideal candidates. I recommend a test spot if you have a history of melasma, sun spots, or other pigmentation issues.
- ●This procedure is recommended for people with skin tones of 1-3 on the Fitzpatrick Scale (please see page 3 for determining your skin type).
● Treatment cannot be preformed if signs of Herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) If you are prone to cold sores I recommend speaking with your doctor to begin medication 3 days prior to treatment and 4 days following treatment.
● Treatment cannot be preformed if you have a pacemaker.
● Treatment must be avoided if your are pregnant or breastfeeding.
● If you wear eyelash extensions, they must be removed prior to treatment (if treatment is around eyes).
How to prepare
1 week ahead
- Pick up supplies
- Pick up numbing cream from Alchemy (if not given to you during consultation)
- 1 hour before appointment – You may take an anti-histamine such as benadryl. It may help prevent swelling.
- Cleanse face
- Place numbing cream (that was given to you in your initial consult) in area to be treated 45 minutes before your appointment.
After Care – Supplies needed
- Bacitracin ointment
- Bacitracin ophthalmic will be provided for those having a procedure around the eyes
- Sterile gauze
- A gentle cleanser free of:
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Methylisothiazolinone & Methylchloroisothiazolinone
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Eminence Stone Crop Gel wash
- Honest Beauty Gentle Gel Cleanser
- Calendula Repair Cream
- Eminence Linden Calendula
- Boiron Calendula Burn Ointment
- Peptide Cream or Serum
- Eminence Marine Peptide Serum
- Other Peptide Cream/Serum
- SPF 50
- Do not wash the area for 24 hours
- Reapply bacitracin as needed to keep area covered
- May gently wash area with cleanser
- Do not rub
- Do not pick at scabs
- Pat Dry
- Reapply Bacitracin Ointment
- Switch to Calendula repair cream
- SPF 50
- Calendula as needed for moisture
- SPF 50
What expect after
Immediately after treatment the treated area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (polka dots). It is common to experience a sensation similar feeling to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may increase over the following few hours after treatment and may continue to do so when treating the eye area and may last 2-3 days thereafter. The carbon crusts will lift and fall off within 5-14 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
This procedure is recommended for people who are Fitzpatrick 1 & 2. Those at Fitzpatrick 3 are recommended to have a test spot done 3 weeks before the procedure. It is not recommended for those at Fitzpatrick 4-6.